Franchising For Dummies®
Franchising For Dummies was written by Michael Seid, Managing Director of MSA, and the late Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's International, as a primer for prospective and current franchisors and franchisees. It does not replace the need for professional business and legal advisors, but gives the reader a solid grounding in the world of franchising that will make them better decision-makers, business managers, and operators. It's your concise handbook for understanding franchising with two of the world's leading experts as your tour guides.
Franchising For Dummies has something for everyone.
- For prospective franchisees it carefully takes the reader through the legal issues surrounding franchising, helps explain how to approach the selection of a franchise, and also provides guidance on operating their businesses and working within a franchise setting.
- For mature or larger franchisees it deals with growth strategies, methods for staff development, hiring and firing, and even provides guidance on ending the franchise relationship.
- For prospective and current franchisors it looks closely at how to become a franchisor, how to manage the franchise relationship once you are a franchisor, and how to expand the system domestically and internationally.
The current edition includes a CD-ROM with vast additional resources:
- Contributions from some of the most experienced franchise advisors in franchising
- The Making the Franchise Decision workbook, written to help prospective franchisees work through the process of selecting a franchise
- A sample employee handbook
- An analysis of franchise laws around the world
- An analysis of the construction of the FDD
- A Franchise Sales and Compliance manual for franchisors
- Two real estate workbooks
- A variety of checklists and articles for franchisors and franchisees