2018 Franchise Expo South, Jan. 18-20, Dallas, TX
Join thousands of entrepreneurs and business owners at FRANCHISE EXPO SOUTH, the premier franchise expo serving the Southwestern US and Latin America. Meet hundreds of proven franchised businesses in every industry and at every investment level.
MSA Worldwide workshops and presentations at Franchise Expo South include:
- Web 2.0: Social Networking + Data in Franchising Workshop - Theresa Huszka, CFE, Senior Consultant
- Operations Manuals: The Foundation to Consistent Execution Workshop - Marla Rosner, Senior Learning & Development Consultant
- Getting Ready to Franchise Your Business - Michael Seid, Managing Director and Andrew Seid, Consultant
- The Basics of Developing a Franchise System - Michael Seid, Managing Director and Andrew Seid, Consultant
- Training: The DNA of your Franchise System - Marla Rosner, Senior Learning & Development Consultant
IFA 2018 Convention: Together, We Are Franchising
February 10-13, Phoenix, AZ
Join thousands of fellow business leaders in franchising at IFA’s 58th Annual Convention, February 10-13, 2018 in Phoenix, Arizona.
The premier franchising event of the year, the 2018 IFA Convention will focus on bringing the franchising community together to fortify the franchise business model in a climate of change and challenge to the franchise industry.
IFA 2018 Convention Agenda Highlights
- Young entrepreneurs will pitch business plans to Shark Tank star Daymond John, founder and CEO of FUBU, who is serving as a special guest judge for the Franchise Education and Research Foundation’s NextGen in Franchising Global Competition
- Disruptive presentations from keynote speakers and industry veterans focused on transformational trends will provide insights on how to develop your business and personal brand
- Music Paradigm, a business development exercise involving a live professional orchestra, will lead an unforgettable session, unlike anything ever experienced at an IFA Convention
- The Emerging Franchisor Bootcamp returns for up-and-coming brands with 100 units or less, offering the opportunity to learn how franchise companies grow through the emerging phase and avoid the typical mistakes in getting to critical mass (space is limited and sells out quickly, so register early!)
MSA Worldwide presentations at the Convention include:
- How Social Franchises are Addressing Complex Problems in the Developing World -Michael Seid, Managing Director, MSA Worldwide
- International Market Selection & Analysis - Kay Ainsley, Managing Director, MSA Worldwide
For full details including daily schedules, download the 2018 IFA Convention brochure.
Join MSA Worldwide at the Los Angeles Convention Center for:
Franchise Expo West, November 2-4, 2017
Thousands of entrepreneurs and future business owners will converge at the largest franchise expo in the western United States. Meet face-to-face with over 200 proven franchise opportunities, full-time and part-time, in every industry, at every investment level.
MSA Worldwide will present in-depth workshops at Franchise Expo West:
- Franchising Your Business (CFE Accredited)
Part 1: Friday, November 3, 2017, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Part 2: Saturday, November 4, 2017, 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Presented by: Michael Seid, Managing Director, MSA Worldwide; Kay Marie Ainsley, Managing Director, MSA Worldwide;
Marisa Faunce, Partner, Plave Koch PLC
If you are thinking about expanding your current business through franchising, this symposium will provide the opportunity to learn from experts in the field. Click here for more details.
- Operations Manuals: The Foundation to Consistent Execution (CFE Accredited)
Thursday, November 2, 2017, 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Presented by: Marla Rosner, Senior Learning and Development Consultant, MSA Worldwide
Documentation of your business’ processes and procedures is the foundation to consistent execution of your franchise concept. In this workshop, learn how to create a user-friendly Operations Manual as well as key content that should be included. Click here for more details.
- Web 2.0: Social Networking + Data in Franchising (CFE Accredited)
Friday, November 3, 2017, 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Presented by: Lee Plave, Partner, Plave Koch PLC; Paul Segreto, CEO, Franchise Foundry;
Theresa Huszka, CFE, Senior Consultant, MSA Worldwide
This session will delve into how franchisors and franchisees can protect their brand while making the best use of social networking sites. Among other things, this session will explore some of the do’s and don’ts of setting up social networking sites for an entire system, addressing rogue franchisees and licensees who set up their own sites, and establish a system-wide strategy and policy for social networking and social media. This session will also explore data collection, use, and protection in franchise companies. Finally, this session will address using online tools to manage and enhance your company’s online franchise development efforts. Click here for more details.
Franchise Management For Dummies Published: An essential desktop reference
The latest update in John Wiley & Sons’ popular For Dummies series, Franchise Management For Dummies, was released in bookstores and on the internet on May 1. Co-authored by two of the leading business and legal authorities in franchising, Michael Seid, CFE, Managing Director of MSA Worldwide, and Joyce Mazero, Partner, Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP, Franchise Management For Dummies provides franchisees and commercial and social franchisors with information on one of the world’s most important business expansion strategies.
Franchise Management For Dummies is “a powerful book that holds essential keys to running a successful franchise business,” according to Robert Cresanti, president and CEO of the International Franchise Association, who wrote the forward. “I can’t think of anyone more qualified than Michael and Joyce to write this much‑needed book,” says Cresanti.
Franchise Management For Dummies provides prospective franchisees with the tools and information they need to make a good franchise investment. It serves as a guide for commercial and social franchisors in the design, development and expansion of their systems and provides guidance on how to support their franchisees and manage their franchise systems. Franchise Management For Dummies carefully walks the reader, without unnecessary jargon, from the history of franchising and franchise regulations through multi-unit development for franchisees and international expansion for franchisors. It builds from a foundation of letting the reader understand franchising’s business and legal complexities, and serves as both a primer to newcomers and a source of expertise for experienced franchise professionals.
“Our purpose was to weave franchise law and business practices together in a way that created an important balance for the reader in a concise and easy to understand book,” says Mazero.
“In Franchise Management For Dummies, Joyce and I take a deep dive in addressing many of the issues and challenges facing franchisors and franchisees today,” said Seid. It is a unique book in that it focuses not only on the needs of the franchisee and commercial franchisor, but also addresses social franchising. Social franchising is one of the most important new developments in franchising enabling non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and impact investors to deliver essential products and services to individuals at the base of the economic pyramid on a global scale.
The print edition of Franchise Management For Dummies is available for purchase at $26.99 through the For Dummies store at http://www.dummies.com, in bookstores and online (http://www.amazon.com). To provide the readers with additional valuable information on topics referenced in the book and to allow the authors to address new issues that may emerge between this edition and the next, Franchise Management For Dummies is supplemented by its website, http://www.dummies.com/go/franchisemanagementfd. Included on the website are powerful tools, including an updated due diligence workbook for prospective franchisees “Making the Franchise Decision.”
News feeds are property of the International Franchise Association and are featured here with permission.
Joel R. Schweidel
Senior Vice President and Assistant General Counsel