FRANCHISE MANAGEMENT FOR DUMMIES®
Franchise Management for Dummies is written by Michael H. Seid, Managing Director of MSA Worldwide, the leading strategic and tactical advisory firm in franchising, and by Joyce Mazero, a partner and Co-Chair of Gardere's Global Supply Network Industry Practice, internationally recognized and trusted legal advisors dedicated to excellence in franchising. Order Now
Franchise Management for Dummies provides the reader an accessible guide for becoming your own boss and standing on the shoulders of franchise giants:
- For prospective franchisees: This book takes you from the first steps of prospecting for a franchise to getting it up and running successfully.
- For prospective commercial and social franchisors: This book explains how to determine if a business is franchisable, and discusses how to properly design and develop a franchise system that you can grow and support.
Inside the book:
- Wrapping your brain around franchising
- Considering the pros and cons
- Important legal issues
- Evaluating franchise opportunities
- Operating like a well-oiled machine
- Expanding or cashing out
- Building your own successful franchise system
- Domestic and international expansion
- Joining the growing social franchise sector
Must-have supplementary training and legal information related to this book, including sample forms and checklists, is available online.
Author Michael H. Seid
Managing Director, MSA Worldwide
Michael is recognized as a leading authority on franchising and business expansion strategy. In addition to helping business owners franchise their companies, he also assists established franchisors, multi-unit companies, and multi-branded companies in tactical planning, franchise relations, crisis management, expert witness, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, and the strategic restructuring of franchise systems.
FRANCHISING FOR DUMMIES®
Franchising For Dummies was written by Michael Seid, Managing Director of MSA, and the late Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's International, as a primer for prospective and current franchisors and franchisees. It does not replace the need for professional business and legal advisors, but provides a solid grounding in the world of franchising that will make readers better decision-makers, business managers, and operators.
Franchising For Dummies is your concise handbook for understanding franchising with two of the world's leading experts as your tour guides.
- For prospective franchisees it carefully takes the reader through the legal issues surrounding franchising, helps explain how to approach the selection of a franchise, and also provides guidance on operating their businesses and working within a franchise setting.
- For mature or larger franchisees it deals with growth strategies, methods for staff development, hiring and firing, and even provides guidance on ending the franchise relationship.
- For prospective and current franchisors it looks closely at how to become a franchisor, how to manage the franchise relationship once you are a franchisor, and how to expand the system domestically and internationally.
The current edition includes a CD-ROM with vast additional resources including:
- Contributions from some of the most experienced franchise advisors in franchising
- The Making the Franchise Decision workbook, written to help prospective franchisees work through the process of selecting a franchise
- A sample employee handbook
- An analysis of franchise laws around the world
- An analysis of the construction of the FDD
- A Franchise Sales and Compliance manual for franchisors
- Two real estate workbooks
- A variety of checklists and articles for franchisors and franchisees