Our Clients and Professional peers Share Their Experiences
- Under Michael Seid's leadership, MSA Worldwide played a pivotal role by helping set the course for the successful development of the Firehouse Subs brand. At the time of our first engagement with MSA in 2001, the small regional company (only six years old and less then 40 units) was high on branding and culture, but short on business experience (especially in the realm of franchising). Michael brought to the table a perspective for the future development of the company that simply could not have been gained from anyone else. Over the years, we've tapped into his wealth of knowledge for the occasional tune-up, and MSA has never failed to deliver added value.
– Don Fox, Chief Executive Officer, Firehouse of America, LLC
- I am fortunate to have a lot of experience in developing and operating concepts, but when it came to franchising my business I was unsure of both how best to move forward or if I even had an expandable business at all. Michael and the team at MSA Worldwide were the perfect group to both help me understand what I had and set my business up for expansion and growth. Their expertise gave me the confidence that, after working with them, I had a system that I could replicate for my franchisees so that they, and we, could grow to our fullest potential. I have no higher regard for a group of franchise professionals than I do for the people at MSA Worldwide.
- Bill DiPaola, President & Chief Operating Officer, Dat Dog Enterprises
- I feel very lucky to have come across Kay Ainsley from MSA and highly recommend anyone who is involved in the Franchising world to contact Kay. Specially new entrants…You owe it to yourselves. Compared to many other consultants that I have worked with, I can honestly say that Kay Ainsley has provided me with the most professional consultation that has facilitated my entry into the franchising world. Her honest, ethical and professional advice has saved me so much time, money and hardship. Thank you Kay for guiding me into this world of franchising. I look forward to continue working with you!
– Yousef Khattar, Business Development Manager, Younata Group
- MSA Worldwide helped our company turn notes and ideas into a highly professional franchisee training program supported by crisp, user-friendly manuals that are essential to the success of our franchise system. They were incredibly valuable and allowed us to focus on our business operations while tending to our critical training and documentation needs.
– Chris Courtney, Chief Pilot & SVP of Flight Operations, Measure – The Drone as a Service Company
- Faegre Baker Daniels have retained Michael as an expert on behalf of our franchisor clients for many years now. We have used Michael on a broad variety of franchising issues. We believe that the best defense against claims by franchisees and third parties is a thorough understanding and ability to explain the principles of franchising implicated in a case. Judges, arbitrators, and juries are rarely familiar with the principles at stake in franchise disputes – such things as the concept of goodwill, the message attendant to refusing to enforce a non-compete or award lost future profits to franchisors, how the franchisor must balance the interests of all stakeholders in a system, the tradeoffs attendant to using a franchise as opposed to integrated method of distributing a product or service, the wealth of information and the choices available to individuals considering a franchise opportunity, the custom and practices in franchising, the economic concepts of franchising like free riding and shirking, the importance of controls in the franchise model, and on and on. Michael understands these franchise concepts and has the skills necessary to explain them and their impact on a case to the trier of fact. In short, Michael “gets it.” We highly recommend him as an expert witness.
– William Killion, Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels
- Marla Rosner of MSA Worldwide was instrumental in pulling together
the information to underpin the success of the brief in writing all the
manuals. Marla's excellent understanding of the franchise model and vast
experience across many retail sectors ensured the standards of the
manuals produced for The Disney Store were of the highest quality I have
experienced in the industry. Marla has an exceptional professional and
personable approach, deadlines were always met and no task or challenge
was ever too much, a true professional who I highly recommend working
– Sian Hession, Retail Consultant, Disney Stores, United Kingdom
- After meeting with several potential franchise companies, Andy and I had NO DOUBT who we were choosing. Michael and Kay were the most experienced and most professional we had met. They were not afraid to tell us we needed to analyze our business model further before we made any decisions. They looked out for our interest from Day 1. They truly wanted to make sure our model was franchisable for long-term success. Many companies can help you franchise your business but we felt with Michael and Kay we were getting one that would put our franchise ahead of the competition in our industry.
– Chris Klein, COO & President, Supplement Superstores
- Michael Seid is truly a visionary and the leading authority on
franchising around the world. His commitment to his clients knows no
boundaries and I am forever indebted for his advice. No words can
capture how much Michael’s guidance has contributed to my success, from
the very first day I called him when Edible Arrangements® was just an
idea in my mind, to today where because of his continued support, the
IFA has chosen to recognize me as the IFA Entrepreneur of the Year. I
couldn’t have done it without him. Thank you so much, Michael!
– Tariq Farid, CEO/President, Edible Arrangements International, Inc.
- MSA assisted us with our franchising strategic planning process and
meeting facilitation. Kay Ainsley and Michael Seid are two of the most
talented consultants with whom I have worked. Their vast experience in
franchising and willingness to be pro-active in offering ideas made them
a valuable part of our team. In addition, I have served with Kay on
CPR’s Franchise Mediation Advisory Board for the past several years. She
has donated her time and expertise to promote mediation for the benefit
of franchisors and franchisees alike.
– John Kujawa, Vice President Franchising, McDonald’s USA, LLC
- These are demanding times in the business world, requiring that
companies leverage expertise in many areas to maximize performance and
results. ExxonMobil Fuels Marketing recognizes the strength of the
Michael Seid team. They are an important resource
for us, bringing experience to quickly analyze opportunities and develop
sound plans to meet our franchising objectives.
– Mike Roman, Former Fuels Franchise Strategy Manager, ExxonMobil Corporation
- We brought MSA in early on our system-wide new agreement project
to help us with the methodology and the processes to be used in this
major project. That included initial meetings with our franchisee
association. Considering that we now have 95% of our 3300 franchised
stores on the new agreement, we consider it a smashing success. So, MSA
thanks again for your involvement.
– Michael R. Davis, Former Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, 7-Eleven, Inc.
- Michael Seid and his team bring instant credibility to any
situation, whether it's litigation needing an expert to explain
franchising to a skeptical jury, or an early stage franchisor that needs
MSA's unique experience and insight into the real world of franchising.
MSA's real professionals consistently produce real results and value
for our clients. We never hesitate to recommend them to any client who
needs franchising expertise.
– Joel R. Buckberg, Shareholder, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Michael Seid is a true franchising professional. In telling it
like it is Michael provides real-life practical solutions to complex
problems. We and many others have benefited from Michael's seasoned
advice and professional counsel.
– Stanford P. Berenbaum, Vice President and General Counsel at Ilitch Holdings, Inc., Little Caesars
- MSA is, without a doubt, the leading consulting firm in franchising
today. The practical domestic and international experience they bring to
strategic challenges is outstanding. They expand a franchisor's ability
to successfully navigate and take advantage of the opportunities of
today's market. Based on the growth and success they have helped me
generate, there is no doubt I will choose MSA every time I need a
partner to help me effectively grow a new concept or 'fix' an
– Michael Howe, Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Arby's, Inc.
- Kay Ainsley was a pleasure to work with and a key component in
Coliseum’s development of the Allied Athlete Group / IFA Professional
Athlete Franchise Summit. She was engaged and value adding for the front
door. Her continued involvement in our mission to educate the
professional athlete about the franchise industry will fuel the
Professional Athlete Franchise Initiative’s continued growth.
– Michael Stone, CEO of Coliseum Enterprises and founder of PAFI
Ainsley has been a regular speaker at our class on Franchise Management
for the past 4 years. During that time she has addressed over five
hundred students. Her insight as a subject matter expert has been
invaluable as she gives the students keen insight in designing,
operating and working in franchise businesses.
– Douglas Patterson, Professor, Coles College of Business, Kennesaw State University
- We embarked on our Franchise venture thinking we could figure it out
along the way. Looking back, we didn't know how lucky we were that our
attorney gave us a glowing referral to Kay Ainsley. Kay guided us
through the process of creating our Franchise System. Without her, we
would have probably set ourselves up for failure. Her knowledge and
experience helped us account for every possible scenario from the front
end of the process. MSA set us up for success! If we thought they were
expensive 9 months ago, now we feel like we are stealing from them!
They are worth their weight in gold.
– Kevin Seifert, Owner/COO, GroundCover Solutions
– Les Clark, Owner/President and CEO, GroundCover Solutions
- We relied upon MSA Worldwide in helping us evaluate our acquisition
of Rita's Water Ice Franchise Company, LLC. Their experience in
franchising, their capabilities in delivering their services on time and
within budget and their clear and direct evaluation and support were
essential to our completing the transaction. MSA will certainly be part
of our deal team in future transactions.
– Jason Turowsky, General Partner, Falconhead Capital, LLC
- Michael is a go-to expert on franchise litigation matters because of
his unsurpassed franchise expertise, his creativity in approaching
cutting edge issues, and his battle-tested expert witness experience.
Michael knows what he is doing and delivers on what he promises.
– Kerry Bundy, Partner, Faegre & Benson
routinely turn to MSA to perform critical assignments for our clients –
including Pizza Hut, 7-Eleven, Arby’s and The Miss Universe
Organization – and each time the assignment is completed on time, at
budget and to our clients’ and our utter satisfaction.
– David J. Kaufmann, Senior Partner, Kaufmann, Gildin & Robbins
- MSA brought a breadth of knowledge and insight to our project that we
couldn’t duplicate internally. They helped us define the essence of the
issue at hand, including acknowledging the brutal realities, which
needed to be addressed. They offered a variety of solutions for our
consideration. I was especially impressed with their service mentality
and willingness to help. We would not hesitate to use them again.
– Scott Haner, Director, Franchise Recruiting, KFC Corporation, Yum! Brands – franchisor of KFC ©, Taco Bell ©, Pizza Hut ©, Long John Silvers ©, A&W© and All American Food ©
- MSA has provided us with the guidance we needed to advance the
Huntington Learning Center franchise system. Their knowledge of
franchisor and franchisee relations has enabled us to work more
productively and positively with our franchisees. With their assistance,
we are better able to make the decisions that strengthen our brand and
implement them in a way that is consistent with the needs of our
– Raymond J. Huntington, Co-founder, Huntington Learning Center, Inc.
- MSA’s expertise was instrumental in the timely and effective
delivery of our enhanced policy and procedures manual. The final product
is consistent throughout in language and tone, user-friendly in format
and clearly highlights critical information. MSA provided practical
advice and sound council that positively impacted the final product.
– Ken Feaster, Product Manager, Jiffy Lube
- MSA made a difficult job easy for us in developing our licensee
Operations Manual. Marla Rosner’s expertise helped us to create a
document that both supported the legal structure of our
licensor-licensee relationship and struck the friendly and professional
tone we wanted. It was a pleasure to work with Marla.
– Craig Isaacs, Vice President, Miss Universe Organization
have retained MSA as business consultants and Michael Seid as an expert
witness on a number of matters over the years. We consider Michael to
be one of the preeminent franchise experts in the country. I have
recommended MSA to others on numerous occasions and look forward to
working with them again in the future on other matters. Michael and MSA
have an excellent grasp of the business of franchising and substantial
experience in a wide range of franchise businesses. They have the
ability to get to the heart of a matter quickly and effectively.
– Jonathan Solish, Co-practice Group Leader, Franchise, Bryan Cave, Santa Monica
- It has been a pleasure to work with the staff at MSA. We provided
them with basic information for our operations manual and they have come
up with a document that will be of great benefit to our stores. I have
been impressed with the quality of their work and the caliber of their
staff, and will be glad to recommend this company to others in need of
– John Dexheimer, Director, Technical Learning, Medicine Shoppe International, Inc.
Choice had one objective in franchising and that is to assist
independent insurance agents to compete against the big companies. Kay
Ainsley’s help in designing a franchise program that provides great
benefits to our franchisees was invaluable. She took the time to
understand our business and our goals and she continues to provide the
advice and guidance we need as we grow our network. We value her
knowledge, her insight, her candor and her willingness to work as part
of our team.
– Joe Fisher, Executive Vice President, Smart Choice Franchising
is about people and Kay Ainsley and Michael Seid are among the best.
They understand the business principles that are the foundation of every
strong franchise system and they deliver honest, straightforward advice
that is in the best interest of their clients.
– H. Scott Pressly, Managing Partner, Van Ness Capital Advisors
- As an entrepreneur, lawyer and foundation executive these past 25
years I have worked with many consultants in various fields. Then I had a
chance to work with MSA. Michael traveled all the way to Africa to
assist The HealthStore Foundation to revamp its franchise medical clinic
system resulting in dramatic performance improvements. We’re in the
business of saving lives in Africa—performance improvement means saving
more of them. The whole team at MSA became deeply engaged at all levels
of our organization making our mission to the world’s poorest people one
of the most effective of its kind in the world today. Michael is
flat-out the most brilliant consultant that I have ever worked with,
– Scott Hillstrom, Chairman, The HealthStore Foundation
- We first met Michael Seid three or four years ago. He has met with
us many times throughout this period to guide us through our very slow
decision process. Michael Seid was patient, donated his time and helped
us strategize. Trusting him was a function of the time and effort he and
his team spent on us. Since formally engaging MSA, the team diligently
guided us through the process of becoming a franchisor. They have been
more than consultants; they have been teachers, mentors, and friends.
MSA’s expertise has been invaluable to us as we make the move from
one-stop-shop to franchisor. We anticipate a long and successful
relationship with Michael Seid and his team.
– Kamal Ben Ali, Owner, Ben’s Chili Bowl
- At a pivotal point in our history, we decided to focus our
development strategy on the franchising side of the business. This
called for a top-notch consultant to guide the process. Michael Seid was
instrumental in setting up Firehouse of America, LLC, and 10 years
later we are celebrating 400+ locations and aggressive growth plans.
We’ve worked with dozens of consultants from varying fields, and Michael
stands out as one of the best in experience and professionalism and has
my highest recommendation.
– Robin Sorensen, Co-Founder, Firehouse Subs
been involved in franchising for close to 30 years and when I need a
franchise consultancy firm I don't hesitate; I call Michael H. Seid and
Associates. They are truly one of the best in the business.
– Michael Bamrick, CFE, MBA, Former Vice President of Franchising, Jack in the Box Inc.
- MSA has had a long-term relationship with Arby's. Their knowledge of
franchising and the assistance and guidance they have provided to us
have proven invaluable.
– Doug Benham, Former President and CEO, Triarc Restaurant Group, Franchisor of Arby's and T.J. Cinnamons
new programs into a mature system, even one as strong as American Leak
Detection, can be a challenge. We relied on Kay Ainsley and MSA to
assist us in not only directing us toward re-establishing our brand;
they also helped us by creating an advertising and marketing fund for
ALD. We were impressed with the fact that they took the time to
understand our business and the relationship that we have with our
franchisees. They helped us create a program that works within our
culture and has delivered results for corporate and for our franchisees.
– Richard B. Rennick, CFE, Founder, American Leak Detection, Founder - Team Rennick, Past Chairman International Franchise Association
- I have known Michael Seid and MSA for many years and highly
respect their business and franchising insight. Their performance has
always been impressive and we have consistently benefited from their
experience and capabilities.
– Stephen B. Hammerstein, President and CEO, International Center for Entrepreneurial Development, Inc. (ICED), Past Chairman International Franchise Association
Seid is the preeminent expert in franchising on the planet. I have been
involved in franchise businesses for close to forty years and every
time I begin to believe that I know everything that needs to be known
about franchising, I have a conversation with Michael and I always learn
something new that helps me solve a problem or capitalize on an
– Sid Feltenstein, Chairman - Mrs. Fields Inc., Past Chair IFA
- Working with Michael on the HealthStore Foundation's Executive
Committee has been a real treat for me. Rarely do you see such a
powerful combination of experience and passion focused on an objective
that can literally change the world when it comes to delivering basic
medication and health care to underserved communities in Africa.
– Steven Greenbaum, CEO, PostNet International Franchise Corp., Past Chairman - International Franchise Association
- I have known Michael Seid for many years and have worked with him
and his organization at the International Franchise Association in many
endeavors, as well as a number of transactions throughout my career. I
can speak without equivocation to MSA's integrity, competence, and
ability to deliver upon promises to their clients.
– James Amos, Jr., Chairman: Agile Pursuits Franchising, Inc. (Procter & Gamble), Chairman Emeritus: Mail Boxes Etc., now The UPS Store, Past Chairman, International Franchise Association
- Dave Thomas, the legendary founder of Wendy's and Michael Seid, one
of the nation's leading franchise consultants, have written the ultimate
franchise primer. Whether you are planning to become a franchisee or
looking to start your own franchise system, don't go into franchising
– Lawrence Doc Cohen, CFE, Franchisee, Mrs. Fields Famous Brands, Past – Chairman - International Franchise Association
- PieZoni’s would like to thank MSA for its loyal support in helping us build our company into a successful franchise system. MSA has provided us guidance through the transition of our business from a five unit to a fourteen-unit operation. Over the past few years we have been implementing various methods and procedures that have made PieZoni’s a much more efficient system of restaurants.
MSA helped PieZoni’s streamline our operation by assisting us in establishing procedures through the use of the Operations and Recipe manuals. These two manuals have become the handbook in operating a successful PieZoni’s franchise. Through these operating manuals we are able to establish our specific requirements of restaurant activities. The manuals offer a system of paperwork that documents important activities that occur in the daily operation of the restaurant. These methods of documentation have been vital to ensuring the proper structure of each unit’s operation.
– Michelle Ferreire, Vice President of Administration and Development, PieZoni’s
- Michael wrote the book on Franchising. So it is no surprise that when called upon, as I have done on several occasions to testify as an expert, Michael performs that role like no one else can. His breadth of knowledge coupled with his ability to command his audience and to speak with authority is a priceless asset when the need arises to explain the unique franchising relationship, in simple terms, to a Court or Arbitrator. MSA is my first and only choice to get the job done.
– Joel R. Schweidel, Senior Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, Kahala Corp., Scottsdale, AZ
- When the decision was made to expand our 24/7 - quick service breakfast concept via franchising we were seeking the industry leader in franchise consulting and found that in MSA. Michael Seid and his team provided Eggfast with world class consulting and helped us navigate the sometimes overwhelming franchise industry as we developed our program. MSA relayed early on that our success as a franchisor will be directly attributed to the success of our franchisees, and this is a core value we hold to this day.
– Pete Nowak, Founder & CEO, Eggfast Holdings, Eggfast
- We had the pleasure of working with Marla Rosner on the development of the Operations Manual for HomeFree Extended Family. The process of writing the manual was well planned, and MSA guided us effectively throughout the project. The end result is a professional tool we have been using ever since. We benefit on an ongoing basis from the practical nature of the manual, and we appreciate Marla and her team’s guidance in developing a user-friendly product. We appreciate their expertise and we recommend their work.
– Bern Terry, Executive Vice President, Extended Family
- When you need an expert to testify in a franchise case, someone who can explain what happened and why, there is no one else you should call. Michael Seid and MSA have no peers.
– Edward R. Spalty | Partner, Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- I have worked with MSA since I founded my first national concept
Cosi. When I launched my latest concept Kidville, I again learned how
important MSA can be in assisting companies to grow and succeed. Today
we are a public company and are successfully franchising our brand
throughout the United States and internationally. Michael Seid, Kay
Ainsley and the entire MSA team provided me with the guidance and tools I
needed to not only succeed but to be a world class franchisor. MSA is a
must addition to any franchisor’s portfolio of management.
– Andy Stenzler, Chairman, Kidville
- Having known Michael for many years and working directly with him on the IFA VetFran committee and others, I can honestly say there are very few people on the planet that have the 360 degree insight to franchising that he has. There are many that claim they are experts at franchising, but believe me, they wouldn't want to go toe-to-toe with Michael on that topic. He is a true pro and the one that I call when needed.
– Lonnie Helgerson, President & Co-Founder, IslandTime Treasures
- When we selected MSA to assist us in the design of a franchise for Oogles n Googles, a children’s birthday party and enrichment program, we made the right choice. Working with Kay Ainsley we now have a franchise program that has been incredibly successful since its launch. We also have the satisfaction of knowing that our franchise program is sound.
– Kevin Mendell, President, Oogles n Googles
- MSA really knows the ins and outs of franchising. They are simply the best in the business.
– Brad Fishman, CEO, Fishman Public Relations
- I worked with Michael Seid on Franchising for Dummies and have referred several startup franchisors to Michael Seid and Kay Ainsley for guidance. Our clients have also retained MSA to provide expert testimony. They have always come through for my clients and me. There are no substitutions for experience. MSA not only has that experience, but an ability to approach franchise challenges by thinking both in and outside of the box. This is a rare gift.
– Rupert Barkoff, Chair, Franchise Team, Kilpatrick Stockton LLP
- MSA brings insight and a wealth of practical experience to their work. They are a pleasure to work with, and clients appreciate the strengths and various disciplines they bring to an engagement. Whether as an expert witness, consultation on a troubling vicarious liability issue, advice on how best to move a franchise system through a difficult time, for taking advantage of new opportunities, MSA is invariably our clients’ first choice.
– Arthur L. Pressman, Co-Chair, Franchise and Distribution Practice Team, Nixon Peabody LLP, Boston MA
- Michael Seid is a valuable asset as an expert witness in litigation involving franchise issues. Michael is able to explain in lay terms key concepts regarding the business structure of franchising and issues regarding control of the franchisor's brand. Michael was an important part of our client’s victory.
– Michael Joblove, Partner, Genovese, Joblove & Battista, Miami, Florida
- Michael Seid embodies a wealth of knowledge and experience, a strong analytical mind, and an ability to communicate complex issues in easily understandable terms. His combination of expertise and personable demeanor make him a powerful weapon in the courtroom. He is truly a pleasure to work with.
– Sarah Cowen, Griffith, Sullivan, Ochoa & Garza, Dallas, Texas
- Our clients are consistently impressed with the quality of the franchise advice and consultation provided by MSA. Their strategic planning, business acumen and real world guidance is unparalleled in the franchise industry. One remarkable thing about MSA is the relationship they build with their clients – no matter how big or small a project, they will take the time to learn your business and provide expert counsel to you and your brand that will far exceed your expectations.
– Marisa D. Faunce, Partner, Plave Koch PLC
- Several years ago it was our good fortune to meet Kay Ainsley. I use the term good fortune because over the years she has been a resource for our company that has proven invaluable. Her experience and knowledge of the franchise world has saved us both time and money. Anytime we hit a snag and need guidance, advice or just someone to throw an idea at, we know that it’s time to reach out to Kay. She’s always been there for us. On top of all of that, on a personal level, she’s just a terrific person.
– John Blake, National Accounts Manager, National Benefit Plans, Ltd
- Sitters Studio, an artistic childcare agency, is the first company to staff artists as caregivers. MSA has been our true partner in the franchise processes every dance step and stroke of paint along the way!
– Kristina Wilson, Founder, President and Owner, Sitters Studio
- MSA has given us a strong foundation to build and expand our Great American Deals brand. The knowledge and guidance that Kay Ainsley and her team at MSA have provided us with has accelerated and expertly guided our successful entry into the world of franchising.
– Michael Silber, CEO, Great American Deals
- Having a unique and proven concept and knowing we needed to move it across the country, we researched franchising as an expansion tool. Knowing nothing about the franchise industry we looked to MSA for guidance in quarterbacking our program to make sure we were on the straight and narrow. The MSA associates were very professional, thorough and instrumental in properly setting the groundwork for our model. When it came to writing our manuals, we were at a loss. Again, MSA stepped up and guided us through the entire process. With the information we provided and the expert literary skills of the MSA associates, a very intimidating process ran smoothly and was completed in a timely manner.
– Joe Percoco, Founder, Percoco Stone Finishing, LLC
- When it comes to helping build a well-oiled franchise system, Michael Seid and his wonderful team definitely know what they are talking about. Their long experience, their trusted network of partners, and their results-oriented hard work definitely made us feel we were in safe hands from day one, and that no aspect of our project was going to be overlooked. In a nutshell, we feel secure.
– Benjamin Auzimour, General Manager, RICHART Chocolates, France
- Prior to joining the IFA National Benefit Plans, Ltd. conducted an extensive market study of the IFA membership to ensure that our products and services would be well received. We were fortunate enough to receive advice, counsel, and direction from Kay Ainsley of MSA in making the decision to move forward with our market implementation. We continue to enjoy and benefit from this relationship today, and we plan on maintaining the open lines of communication that she has been gracious enough to provide.
– John Blake, National Accounts Manager, National Benefit Plans, Ltd.
- Michael Seid and MSA Worldwide are among the elite providers of franchise relationship advice and expert witness opinions. I worked with Michael when I was in-house (Burger King), and our firm has engaged him in several significant franchise cases. Michael understands the dynamics of franchise systems, and his insights will help you better prepare your case. Michael gets to the heart of the matter, and his work product is thorough and compelling. With MSA in my corner, I look forward to any 'Battle of Experts'.
– W. Barry Blum, Esq. Genovese, Joblove & Battista, PA
- Land your vision through actionable advice. That is where MSA comes in. Structure in order to make your product marketable and position your company for growth. That is what MSA Worldwide provided to us. Moving forward, we will look for MSA`s advice in every major strategic decision, such as the one we hired them for: franchising in an international market. Think of it, as building a strong foundation that will pay off over time.
– Leopoldo del Toro, International Business Development Manager, Gorditas Doña Tota
- I have known Michael for almost 20 years and he is as knowledgeable about franchising as anyone in the industry. His approach is pragmatic, creative and strategic. When I need guidance or advice in franchising, I go to Michael.
– Peter Hoppenfeld, Principal, Peter Hoppenfeld, Attorney At Law
- I have worked with Michael as a fellow member of IFA boards and committees, as a client of MSA, and in shared client work. It is with a significant amount of personal experience when I say that Michael is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable franchise consultants in the industry. His background as a CPA and as a franchise executive serves him well when advising franchisors and prospective franchisors.
FRANdata often recommends potential clients to MSA, knowing that they will get no-nonsense advice about franchise issues. To say Michael is a tireless road warrior understates his client commitment. He is as close to a 24/7-availability consultant as I have ever observed.
– Darrell Johnson, President & CEO, FRANdata
- As a business litigator, I often find myself dealing with franchise issues. In many cases, I have consulted with Michael Seid on various aspects of franchising. I have always found Michael to be knowledgeable, insightful, experienced and creative. Michael may know more about Franchise Law than most Franchise Lawyers, which is very beneficial for those of us who are lawyers. His knowledge and insight into a franchise problem is always worth more than what he charges, and he has always added value to any situation where we have worked together, or any case where I know he was involved.
In my lifetime, I have been fortunate to work with several people who are at the very top of their profession. Michael Seid is one of those people. He is the Tiger Woods (Michael Jordan) of the franchise world. I can call Michael about any type of franchise or any aspect of franchising, and he is always knowledgeable and at the cutting edge of the problem.
If there were an all-star team of franchising experts, Michael would be the captain of that team. I highly recommend Michael Seid to any lawyer seeking a true expert in the field of franchising.
– John Wolfson, Partner, Feiner Wolfson LLC
- Michael has unsurpassed knowledge and expertise regarding the business aspects associated with expansion methods such as franchising, licensing, and distribution. While some franchise advisors steer clients to franchising regardless of 'the fit', Michael helps clients assess the available options to determine if franchising is right for the concept, the company, and its owners, and helps clients determine if the concept is ready to begin franchising.
He is honest and candid about these assessments and his various client deliverables are very detailed and well thought out. Michael is proactive in seeking creative solutions to difficult and unique business challenges for clients and his business judgment is impeccable.
Michael and his team provide first-rate service and advice to clients, create a wonderful rapport with clients, and know how to get things done. A true professional with dedication and integrity!!
– Leslie Curran, Partner, Plave Koch PLC
- Michael is a very well regarded franchise consultant. I often refer my clients who wish to franchise their business concept to him to assist them with feasibility studies, developing their marketing plan, and everything else needed to prepare them to start franchising their business. I would highly recommend Michael's services.
– Nancy Lanard, Partner, Law Offices of Nancy L. Lanard, P.C.
- Michael is a professional and long-time expert in franchising. I've witnessed his work with others and see him as a no-nonsense resource to help others individually and in their businesses with many areas of franchising and related areas. He actually 'wrote the book' on Franchising!
– John Francis, Area Franchisee MN & WI, PostNet International Franchise Corp
- Michael and his team are first-rate professionals. Michael has a comprehensive understanding of how companies work, especially companies in the franchise and distribution business. They are honest, ethical, and thoroughly professional.
Michael and his team are among the best at sizing up a company's circumstances, assessing the company’s strengths and weaknesses, and recommending a beneficial course of action. They are also particularly adept at working collaboratively with outside legal counsel, a key consideration to any company.
– Lee Plave, Partner, Plave Koch PLC
- Michael Seid is at the top of my list when it comes to franchise expertise. Michael knows what business concepts are truly 'ready for prime time', and will help them become great franchises. If a business concept is not franchise material, Michael won't hesitate saying so. That is why I like and trust Michael, completely.
– Joel Libava, Owner, Franchise Selection Specialists Inc.
- Michael Seid is the franchise mastermind behind our network of eighty medical clinics in Kenya. Thanks to Michael's rare combination of incredible franchise expertise and passionate commitment to the poor, our game has improved dramatically. Since Michael revamped our franchise system, we have served several million of the world's poorest people with high-quality medical care in places where life and death hang in the balance. I've never worked with a more competent person.
– Scott Hillstrom, Chairman, The HealthStore Foundation®
- MSA did a great job putting our Operations Manual together and our franchisees actually use it all the time. MSA was extremely detailed and organized and made the process easy to complete. I would highly recommend them.
– Alan Smith, Co-Founder, Bodyscapes Fitness
- We refer our clients to MSA when they need assistance in best practices and in developing new franchise systems and structuring a positive franchise relationship. MSA's experience represents a reservoir of knowledge from which franchisors in all industries and at all levels of development may draw. In litigation support, MSA's depth makes it easy to establish a baseline for reasonable conduct in a franchise dispute. Witnesses and judges find MSA's approach and expertise extremely credible and their testimony has a favorable impact on the outcome of a dispute.
– Lane Fisher, Senior Partner, Fisher & Zucker
- I count on Michael Seid and MSA to zero in on the difficult business issues a franchisor will face in rolling out a new program or fixing an existing one. They hit the real issues hard and I appreciate their candor and 'bottom line' approach.
– Joyce Mazero, Partner, Perkins Coie
- When I was looking for a franchising consultant to help me establish my system, I wanted the best. Michael H. Seid & Associates was the name I heard most often, and their reputation is well earned. From start to finish, the service Michael H. Seid & Associates provided was top-notch. Their estimates were accurate and their attention to detail provided me with a solid foundation for my franchise system.
– Matthew Pinto, President, BEI Franchising Inc.
- Michael Seid is one of the best experts with whom I have ever worked. He exceeded my expectations in giving me sound advice, regarding both discovery and trial issues. During the course of a three-week bench trial, he was able to get the judge to understand the theory of franchise systems and the practical effects of those theories in our case. His testimony was critical to our complete success.
– Raighne C. Delaney, Partner, Bean, Kinney & Korman
- SaveItNow! had been a very successful business for 16 years when we decided to franchise. Kay Ainsley and her team helped us work through some difficult issues in order to transfer both the business and cultural aspects of our company to our franchise.
– Tom Jackson, President, SaveItNow
Do you have further questions about expanding your business through franchising?
MSA can provide guidance on developing a successful and sustainable franchise system.Get Strategic Advice